Thursday, May 22, 2014

FO: Headwrap

Knit Headwrap

Finding beginner projects that are useful and interesting without requiring skills that new knitters don't have or taking too long to complete is always a challenge. That's why I like this Headwrap that will be featured in some of my beginner classes in the beginning of June.

Knit Headwrap

The pattern only has two rectangles, one for the main headband and a smaller one for the tie. Once you assemble them, the end result is a great little headwrap to keep your ears warm.

There are no prerequisites for the Headwrap class. It's designed to teach casting on (putting stitches on the needle), knit stitch, binding off (taking stitches off the needle), basic seaming and more to people with no experience.

FO: Knit Headwrap

Like the Garter Stitch Hat and Garter Stitch Cuffs, I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick and US Size 13 needles. Just like the Garter Stitch Hat and Garter Stitch Cuffs, I was surprised that I didn't need a smaller needle, since my gauge tends to run loose.

FO: Knit Headwrap

The yarn color is Raspberry 112. I used yarn that had been in my stash for a long time. Since the sample in the picture on the pattern was made in a baby pink, it seemed like pink was the way to go for my sample.

FO: Knit Headwrap

Pink also seems to go with the red roses Dad brought home from school. They handed them out to the teachers in honor of their work preparing students for the STAAR exam. My styrofoam head from Michael's looks pretty good, too.

I have two more classes left for this project. One is on Sunday, June 1 from 2 pm until 4:30 pm at the Michael's in Sunset Valley, and the other is on Tuesday, June 3, from 5:30 pm until 8 pm at the Michael's in Westlake. It's a $25 class. You have until 24 hours before the class to sign up for it online. After that, you have to sign up in the store. (Usually I will take students until a couple of hours before the class.) I hope I see you there.

No comments: