Sunday, September 6, 2009

"We've got to be killing each other for something important, right?"

Last night Jules and I went to the video store, seeking some cheap entertainment. As usual, we couldn't agree on something we both wanted to say.

After going around and around the comedy section, we stumbled upon LA Riot Spectacular.

As the name implies, it's a satire. And it's narrated by Snoop Dogg. Awesome.

Here's my favorite scene. I think it still rings true today. (Warning - bad language and gun violence.)



I don't remember the truce between the Bloods and the Crips, but Jules does.

However, I remember when they banned red and blue clothes in high school. (That didn't last, but there was a ban on bandanas from sixth the grade on. Ah, memories.)

Anyway, I wanted to share this little overlooked gem. It's not for the faint of heart, and a lot of people would find it offensive. But its symbolism will make you think, and Snoop will make you laugh.

(BTW - Did you notice that the label on the 40 says "False Hope"?)

1 comment:

Sandra Singh said...

Looks like it may be worth watching!