Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yarn Pr0n: KnitPicks

I got my KnitPicks order on Monday. At the time I was distracted by the thing with the flies, so I'm just now getting around to posting pictures.

<span class=

I was really excited when I found the note in my mailbox that I had a package. I waited in the hallway where I was hardly acknowledged. I could see the package with the KnitPicks tape on it sitting there. I contemplated just taking it. I finally got someone's attention. (The management is not known for customer service.)

Inside my <span class=

Here's the big reveal...

<span class=

...and all the goodies inside.

Ball Winder

The ball winder came in a nifty box. I'm going to find a good use for this.

My new ball winder

I'll probably put it together this weekend. I'll be winding some yarn soon.

<span class=

I got color cards for all the yarns I'm considering, so I can choose the perfect color for Decimal. I was psyched because they include all the new spring colors.

<span class=

I also got my first set of Harmony dpns. I can't wait to use them. I was pleasantly surprised at how heavy and hard the wood was.

(Wow. That sentence sounds bad out of context.)

<span class=

Finally, here is the yarn itself. On the far left there's is a skein of Shadow in "Vineyard Heather." I got that so I can have some lace weight on hand. The rest are candidates for Decimal. From left to right, the other yarns are Gloss in "Cosmos", Cotlin in "Key Lime", Shine Sport in "Grass" and Merino Style in "Hollyberry."

I'm already swatching the Merino Style. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: