Friday, March 13, 2009

OPP - Katie's Crochet

Last Thursday we celebrated my sister's birthday, where I overwhelmed my sister with a lot of Crockpot Monkey Mix. (I also went overboard with the powdered sugar.)

Katie gets a lot of Monkey Mix

(BTW - That's Mom's wheel in the back with some of her yarn draped over it.)

Things were a little backwards that night, because I forgot my knitting, but my sister pulled out an afghan that I haven't seen her work on in ages. It's time for OPP (Other People's Projects.)

Katie Works On Her Afghan

It's a fairly simple chevron crochet afghan made with Caron Simply Soft Brites. I'm not quite sure where she got the stitch, but it's not a formal pattern. It's lengthwise, so the rows take a long time.

There's a closer look at the afghan here.

Katie's Crocheted Mug with Whipped Cream

I'm not sure where Katie got the idea to crochet amigurumi-style mugs, but that's what she's been doing. She just goes for it without a pattern. This one has whipped cream on top. (There is another view of it here.)

Katie's Birthday

Katie also got some "latte-colored" yarn so she can make more mugs.

There are more pictures from our birthday celebration here.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I like the colors in that afghan.