Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jules Comes Home

Me and Jules

I've known this for a couple of weeks now, and I've debating the best way to blog the news.

Jules has a plane ticket. He's scheduled to land in Austin around 10:30 p.m. on April 18.

It's a one-way ticket.

Jules has talked about coming to Austin to stay since after he visited me for the first time for Christmas in 2007. After visiting Austin, he decided he'd like to stay. I was relieved we didn't have to try to decide if I would move to California or if he would move to Texas. (For the record, he brought it up first.)

There's been a lot of ups and downs since then, but things are finally coming to fruition. I know he's had his doubts at times. Los Angeles is his home, and when he gets started in Austin his only support system will be me and the people in my life. If our relationship wasn't at least somewhat stable, he'd be running a big risk.

He'll be staying with me until he gets a job and a place to live. That's a little scary too. This isn't a good time to be looking for a job. We both felt better after see this map. It shows that Travis County is doing much better than Los Angeles County.

We're both excited and scared. Sometimes I think it is incredibly unfair that we can't have a "normal" relationship, where we could take more small steps and less giant leaps of faith.

But soon we'll be a little more "normal." We'll be able to get together all the time, and we won't have to cram everything into short vacations.

After all, he's been sockworthy for more than a year now. It's time for the next step.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Re: "Jules Comes Home"

LOL, sounds like some kind of hour-long Charlie Brown special. :)

I can hardly wait!! It's like "Welcome Back Kotter"...

Suna Kendall said...

I'm really happy for you! We miss you at Bluebonnet.