Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Second Coat

I'm up unusually early on a Saturday. This is a good thing. I'm crossing my fingers that I get to bring my spinning wheel home from Mom and Dad's tonight.

The Second Coat

On Thursday I made it back down to South Austin for a second coat (and pizza with Mom.)
The second coat went faster than the first.

Black Marks

I was a little bothered to find a couple of black marks on some of the edges. Look closely at the center piece of the wheel. I think the newspaper is to blame. However, it doesn't seem so obvious now that I'm looking at the pictures a couple of days later.

Extra Coat

I actually went back and put a little more on the outside of the wheel. I figured it will be exposed to a lot of wear and tear. It's one of the pieces I'll touch the most. I also went heavy on the flyer.

So today I'll probably put on one more coat, a heavy one, and put it together after it dries.

I'm going to get dressed and get going.

No comments: