Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Knitting helps me keep my mind off all the things I can't have on my diet..."



I saw this on tv not too long ago, and I've been looking for it online for a couple of weeks now.

Is this supposed to be a knitting insult? It looks like she makes pretty good stuff (except the basketball jersey.) I'd like my apartment to look like that.

On the other hand, the first diet book ever seriously followed recommended keeping your hands busy while watching tv to avoid the temptation to snack. Knitting was one of the things they suggested. It wasn't a bad idea. (Although that's not why I started knitting. I learned before the first diet.)

Either way, aspartame-sweetened yogurt is a poor substitute for sweets. In fact, it's a poor substitute for regular yogurt. Yuck.

No comments: