Friday, February 6, 2009

FO: Entrelac Scarf

I'm ready for another cold front.

<span class=

So is Poncho Pig.

<span class=

I finally finished my Entrelac Scarf. It's a thick scarf, and a little on the short side. I think it lends itself well to the "I have a zit on my chin" look.

It's been pinned to the floor in my bedroom for about a week now. I finally unpinned it and wove in the ends tonight. It's done.

Mastering entrelac wasn't very hard. A lot of people recommended learning to knit backwards before embarking on it, but I didn't. I didn't mind going back and forth for the really short rows. (I think I tried knitting backwards, but decided not to do the whole scarf that way.)

<span class=

Once again, this is the Entrelac Scarf, a good beginner entrelac pattern. (And it's free.) I used about 2 skeins of Noro Taiyo in colorway 5. I was wondering how the gauge would translate, since Taiyo is considered bulky. However, I didn't have any problems, although that's probably why the scarf is so thick.

I also used US size 5 aluminum straight knitting needles.

This project fulfills one of my 101 goals:

20. Knit an entrelac project.

Awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally..you did a great job on the scarf. It look good on you, Miss Piggy and in the regular picture. Eventually you will learn to knit backward for even greater plesure with entrelac. Entrelac is my favorite type of knitting. Keep it up!

David Thomas MD
http://knittingdoc.wordpress.com