Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WIP: Jules' Gloves

<span class=

This is Jules' belated Christmas gift, a pair of gloves that he requested ages ago.

The day before Jules went back to California, I finally got around to having him try it on. I think it's a little big, but he said it was fine. (This is what happens when you take hand measurements with a metal tape measure.)

I was on track to finish these before I got sick. I had gotten up to the fingers when I left The Knitting Nest the afternoon before I went to the ER. I started the little finger after I got home, but put it away soon after to work on Christmas gifts I could finish before Christmas Eve.

<span class=

Today I finished the pinky during my break at work. It's hard to get back in the groove with these gloves. I knew I shouldn't have stopped just before the fingers.

BTW - I'm using the Basic Glove Pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, an excellent reference book. Also, I'm using the skein of Aslan Trends Guanaco that Jules picked out on his last trip. It's pretty bulky, but it's what he wanted.


1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

I used that pattern on my son's gloves in black sock yarn. It's really a versatile pattern.