Thursday, November 13, 2008

Emily's Birthday Paty

Emily's Birthday Party at Gauge

Sunday night, Emily celebrated her birthday in style, and I got to join her. Everyone met at Gauge for lots of good food, nice decor, yarn and Wallace and Gromit.

The yarn I gave Emily for her birthday

Here's the birthday girl, with the yarn I gave her. It's a skein of Wild Thang Triptek from Heritage Arts. The yarn is 63% Superwash Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Nylon and 2% Silver. Yes, that's silver, as in the metal. I got it at Kid 'n Ewe. (I got a skein for me too. Mine is blue and purple.)

My party favors

Emily had the best party favor of all - yarn. She asked everyone to bring some to swap. I actually wrapped mine, but the swap turned out to be much less formal. Everyone added to the pile and took some away. I put in a skein from the never-ending recycled sari silk. (Emily chose that skein.) I got a partial skein of handspun yarn by Robincat (on the left) and a skein of Opal Sock Yarn (on the right.)

You can see some of the fancy food behind the yarn. There was lots of good food, like fancy meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, bread, dips, olives and Emily's handmade Gelato for dessert. (This time she had blood orange flavor. Yum.)

<span class=

Ceci came along with the new baby. She put pictures of the party on her blog as well. You can see a picture of me looking way too serious about my food over there.

<span class=

Of course, we can't have a party without Cheva.

Emily's Christmas Garland

While we were watching Wallace and Gromit, we each knit a ring for Emily's Christmas garland. Emily brought her sock yarn scraps and some size three needles. (Luckily, I had my Size 0s, because my gauge is loose.) It's a very simple pattern, and I think Emily plans post it online.

My finished ring

Here's my finished ring. I did mine in the round. They have enough rings knit on straights to connect them, and having a couple in the round will probably save them time.

You can see all the pictures I took at the party here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the chrismas garland that you were all knitting. Would you know if the pattern is available?

utsc@telus.net