Thursday, October 30, 2008

WIP: Big Ol' Titty

I'd lost my blogging mojo for a while, but I'm back, and I brought boobs!

Tit Bit Knitting

It's a little hard to tell in this picture. The yellow one with the pink nipple is a completed Tit Bit. The brown ones are in progress.

On Saturday I went to the Tit Bit event at Gauge that I wrote about last week.

They had tit cakes!

Tit Cakes!

It's funny, Norma Knits just posted about booby cupcakes. These aren't quite as literal as the ones she links to. These are more subliminal. It's a little more obvious from the side.

P7040033

They tasted good too.

Dell

This is Dell. She is going to be one of the recipients. She came to see what we were doing and take some pictures.

Tit Knitters at Gauge

Gauge is working with the Breast Cancer Resource Center of Austin to knit the breasts. The ones we are working on now will probably be used as examples. Then we'll take "orders." The Tit Bits can be knit in several sizes and adjusted to fit just right. It makes more sense to make them to order.

A representative from the BCRC (I forgot her name) came and talked to us (and answered a lot of our questions.) She showed us one of her prosthetic bras. It was heavy, and cost several several hundred dollars. (Insurance covered part of the cost, but it was still expensive.) She talked about how expensive and uncomfortable regular prosthetics can be. It was easy to see why these could be a better choice for many women.

Weights

These are the rocks that Gauge provided to put inside the tit bits along with the Polyfil. The weights help center the breast in the bra, without making them too heavy.

<span class=

This is my tit bit so far. And it is only one tit bit. I'll sew the pieces together to make a single tit bit.

I decided to make a big tit bit. I'm using a yarn at a larger gauge than the pattern recommends. (This is Bernat Cottontots.) When I tied the optional nipple, it was huge! So I decided to make a big boob to fit the nipple.

(Besides, there's plenty of big women out there too.)

No comments: