Friday, October 31, 2008

How many managers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: I think that question is best directed to my supervisor...

A while back I talked about outsourcing. Tonight, I feel like talking about managers. Just sheer number of them.

I talked to a lot of managers today, in addition to my day to day supervisors. And after being introduced to all these people, I still don't know who is really in charge. Duties are divided up by regions, by products, by customer size, days of the week, phases of the moon, zodiac and favorite color. Then there are hierarchies within all these categories. I think I had to copy three different managers I'd never met in person on an e-mail from some other manager I'd never met in person.

There's so many managers, it's amazing we get any work done. (Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)

And being Halloween, we didn't mind all the managers today. There was way too much candy floating around, and several people dressed up. I didn't manage to get a costumer together, but I did pull out my Brain Slug from two years ago. It was a real hit with the people who'd seen Futurama.

(This is this best brain slug clip I could find:)



Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That brain slug is AWESOME!!