Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yarn Crawl Blues

I found out today that the Meetup Yarn Crawl has been postponed.

*sigh*

Some people were unable to make it this Saturday, which would make the cost for everyone go up for everyone. So the adult in me realizes that if we wait, it will cost less and more people would be able to come. (Keep an eye out if you want to join us in September.) That would mean more fun and more money to spend on roving on yarn.

But the little kid in me wants to go nnnooooowwwww!!!!

Seriously, I've been looking forward to this for a while. So I was kind of bummed out. And that leaves me low on roving.

I looked around and couldn't find that little bit of handpainted tussah silk roving I have. But I did find this.

Milk Fiber Single

This milk fiber roving that I got at Old Oaks Ranch when we went on the San Antonio Yarn Crawl. I only got a little bit, just enough to try it out.

Milk Fiber Single

It is pretty difficult to spin, although I'm getting the hand of it. There's no "grip." If I don't pre-draft enough, the yarn is really hard to draft when I spin. If I pre-draft too much, it falls apart. But the lack of grip is what makes it so silky smooth and wonderful.

Yarn Barf

You may have noticed that there is only one yarn on the Niddy Noddy. That's because I took off the yarn barf from my first spinning attempts. I've come a long way.

Merino Single

Compare that to my Merino single, all set and ready to go.

BTW - Go check out yesterday's post. I got permission to add some more pictures.

No comments: