Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WIP: Marjaana Moebius

<span class=

I love these Moebiuses (Moebii?). They go so fast. I'm halfway through, at least.

I'm actually doing something a little different here. The pattern says to do the same number of knit and purl rounds to get even ridges. I'm doing 4 rounds of knitting and 2 rounds of purling. Because the moebius is knit from the center outwards, the ridges are not symmetrical.

FYI - I'm using Schaefer Marjanna, a merino/tussah silk blend that is sadly discontinued. (Although Little Knits seems to keep getting skeins in somehow.) This is the "Rosa Parks" colorway. I snagged this skein on eBay a while back.

Speaking of eBay, I'm psyched because my Rainbow Bright Lunchbox is up to $5.50. I was worried that no one would bid. The plastic lunchboxes aren't as popular as the metal ones.

I've been researching some other old toys we have in storage. There's a Playskool Village Blocks playset that I can sell. I don't know if Mom will be able to let go of my old Fisher Price Little People. I'm also trying to find out the value of my Glo-Land playset. No one else has them for sale on eBay. I did find a commercial for it.



It makes me want to hold on to it forever, but we can't keep all of it.

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

I bet they discontinued it because the name got confused to often with marijuana :)

And those glow worms look JUST like the cooties you build in 'Cootie' :) I loved that game when I was a kid!