Saturday, August 9, 2008

Spinning Bamboo

I've mentioned that I'm running out of fiber for spinning, but I do have a few things left to spin at this point. I spun the small amount of milk fiber that I got to experiment with on the San Antonio Yarn Crawl. A couple of nights ago I spun a small amount of bamboo roving.

When I went to Kid n' Ewe last fall, I stopped to admire some bamboo roving. The guy at the booth handed me a sample. I ran around with it in my grubby little hands most of the day. Eventually, I found a way to put it in my purse without messing it up.

Bamboo Roving

As you can see, it's not very much, but it's enough to get a feel for the fiber.

Bamboo Roving

It's similar to the milk fiber in many way, silky and slick with very little give. But, as I pre-drafted it became fluffier.

It also spun up like the milk fiber, but somehow it was a little easier to spin. It spun yarn also seemed to have a little more give.

Bamboo <span class=

In other news, I ate at Freebirds for the first time ever tonight. It was excellent!

Also, I've made headway with my Center Square, doing one row of colorwork. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I'll probably have pictures tomorrow.

No comments: