Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mistakes were made...

I'm going to be pretty busy today, so I scheduled this ahead of time.

Some mistakes can't be blocked out.

Center Square

I was thinking that it was just a little too small, and that I could block it out. Now that it's finished, I realize I have a kid's size hat.

Center Square: Before Blocking

It's about six inches across when it's laying flat like this, before blocking. I'm wondering if this will fit one of the kids on my Christmas list. If not, I'll donate it to charity.

Washing Center Square

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the yarn bled just a little bit when I washed it. This is Cascade 220 Superwash, so I didn't have to hand wash it. I was a little surprised, but hopefully that's all the bleeding that will happen. I'm starting to learn most yarns bleed a little.

Blocking Center Square

I'm blocking it on a can of iced tea mix with some washcloths over it. Other than the overall size, it's turning out pretty good.

Marjaana Moebius

After finishing and blocking Center Square, I cast on my next gift for the Ravelympics Gift Knits Pentathlon. This is the Purl Ridge Moebius from A Treasury of Magical Knitting by Cat Bordhi.

<span class=

This is the Cat Bordhi's famous Moebius Cast On. in progress.

<span class=

Now I'm completely cast on. (This video shows the next step.)

<span class=

And here I am one round in. The moebius will grow between the two needles. It truly is "magical knitting."

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh my God. I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of you with the teeny hat on your head! It's reallly cute. :)