Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Very Important Message


It's Friday, I'm tired and I still need to buy more T-pins.

So instead of knitting content, I'm posting this video I've been meaning to link to for a while now. Its from the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, and it explains why they are trying to break free from government ownership.

In my opinion, the most disturbing problem with the government line is that help comes from police, not mental health professionals. Intervention from the police is better than no help at all. It can keep someone out of immediate danger, and help them get to a hospital. But a mental health professional would probably be better able to counsel the person and help them get follow up care.

I hope you'll consider donating. I'm going to try to donate a little.

No comments: