Friday, May 30, 2008

WIP: Desperation Scarf

I've made so many of these novelty yarn scarves that I have to keep coming up with weird new names. Pretty soon I'll have to do like Koigu and start assigning numbers.

I'm joking that my current project is "calculator knitting." I'm swatching for an idea I have. (See numbers one, two and three on my list.) Right now there is a lot of thinking, writing and ripping going on.

I went going to a Sunday school get together tonight. At work it occurred to me that I didn't have any good "social knitting" to bring with me. At first I thought it would be no big deal. Then I checked my e-mail and realized a movie was on the agenda. I needed something to knit during the movie.

So I decided to run home for some "movie knitting." Unable to find the yarn for my next project, I searched until I found two matching skeins of novelty yarn.

For a while, I was stocking up on the stuff for scarves to sell at craft shows. I always bought in pairs because two seems to be the magic number for a scarf. I actually took two pairs just to be safe.

This is Lion Brand Fancy Fur in "Rainbow Red." I cast on 12 stitches and I'm using US size 9 plastic needles.

I've named this the Desperation Scarf because I was desperate for something to knit. Although we ended up not watching the movie, I'm more than halfway done.

No comments: