Saturday, May 24, 2008

Next weekend will be packed

Everything in the world is planned for next weekend. Well, not everything. Along with some events with friends and family, there's a bunch of knitting stuff going on. Here are some knitting events around town if you're in Austin. I probably won't be able to attend all of them, but maybe some of you can.

Knitty Bingo

Gauge will be having a bingo night starting at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, May 30. The prizes are of the yarnie kind.

HCW "Off Site" Sale

I love it when Hill Country Weavers advertises sales in rhyme.
Green House, Yellow House, Blue House, Full!
We're having a sale, and it's not just wool!
This sale is off site. Apparently, Suzanne is cleaning out her "houses." The flyer I got says she'll have "felting wools, basics, novelty, self stripers, Rowan, winter wools, Berroco, summer cottons, sample garments, ribbon yarns, baby yarn and Tahki-Stacy Charles."

I never would have heard it about it if I didn't stop by HCW this afternoon. (I finally got my Eucalan. Mmmmm...grapefruit.) I hadn't been there in a while, and I mentioned to Suzanne that I lived north now. She handed me a flyer and said I was in her neighborhood.

The sale is Friday and Saturday from 10-6 at 1131 Yucca Drive.

1,000 Knitters Project at The Knitting Nest

The Knitting Nest will be hosting Franklin from the 1000 Knitters Project on Saturday. I already signed my modeling form months ago, and I am awaiting further instruction.

On June 14...

I just realized that World Wide Knit in Public Day is not until June 14. I'm relieved because thought it was next weekend for some reason. That's one less thing to try to cram in next weekend. The details for the Austin event are here.

No comments: