Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Gauge Potluck and More

This isn't my best photography, but it'll work.

I mentioned the Potluck at Gauge yesterday. Now I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures.

I took more pictures of food than people. They had...

...pasta...

...cream cheese with a pomegranate chipotle sauce and...

...five kinds of homemade gelato! There was lemon, strawberry, pomegranate, chocolate and hazelnut. (Thanks Emily!)

There was other yummy stuff as well. Of course, I brought a two liter of Coke that no one opened. (But it will be there the next time they need soda.)

I found the elusive Black Purl

When I got home that night, this was in the mail:

That's Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in Black Purl.

And I didn't break my budget. I actually ordered this from eBay last fall for about the half the normal price. Somehow it was returned to sender, then I forgot to respond when the seller asked me for my correct address and then I forgot all about it. Until a couple of weeks ago when I cleaned out my e-mail. I e-mailed them back and they still had it! I'm psyched.

Contest


Knitasaur is designing gloves and she needs your hand measurements. Post yours here and enter to win some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. Be sure to tell them Large Marge Sally Comes Unraveled sent you.

Parting Shot

I saw this at the cash register at Gauge. If you put your money in Poncho Pig, I'll give you lessons.

No comments: