Sunday, May 4, 2008

FO: Last Minute Scarf

Poncho Pig models yet another scarf for me.

I managed to knock this scarf out last night for the Youth Auction at church today. I held two strands of yarn together and knit a simple garter stitch scarf with fringe. I used US size 13 needles from my Boye Needlemaster. The colors are a little subdued compared to my usual yarn choices. I had some other yarn combinations in mind, but when I took a good look, they didn't really go together.

I used about one and a half of skeins of Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist in Moody Blue and one skein of Jo-Ann Sensations Angel Hair in Black/Grey.

Yarn Bee is Hobby Lobby's house brand of yarn. Word on the web is that Mosaic Twist has been discontinued. Honestly, I wasn't impressed with the Mosaic Twist. It's a nice combination of different plies, but the yarn had lots of knots and seemed to be coming unplied in spots.

The Mosaic Twist may have been called "Moody Blue," but it looks mostly gray to me (with a slight blue tint.)

Of course, Angel Hair continues to be my favorite craft store yarn of all time.

I didn't get to see who won the scarf. The last I checked there were two bids, and the highest was $12. I consider that a success.

No comments: