Friday, April 4, 2008

Competitive Knitting?

I've been cleaning out my e-mail over the past week, and this evening I came across a link someone had sent me to this video:


The video is in German, so I can't find any of the details of this contest or how it was judged. Searches for competitive knitting pull up Sock Wars and Hat Attack, which isn't quite the same thing.

How do you judge speed knitting? What are the rules? How do I join?

I did manage to find this video of what looks like a speed knitting competition. From what I can gather, it was part of a knit out at the Mall of America:


Also, this woman seems to be going for the World Record. Apparently, she "isn't even concentrating" here:


Still, there doesn't seem to be any official information on speed knitting competitions. The part of me that did what seemed like millions of band competitions throughout middle and high school wishes there were. But maybe the lack of competitive speed knitting leagues is a good thing:

1 comment:

SpinalCat said...

I saw a sign for a speed knitting competition at the Michael's off of 183 (the one next to Jason's Deli) a few years ago.