Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Knitty's here! Knitty's here!

In case you weren't paying attention, the Spring 2008 issue of Knitty is up.

I've just been looking at the new yarn and fiber reviews. My precious Handmaiden Silk Cotton is among the yarns that were reviewed, which means if I want to be first on Ravelry to cast on, I better hurry up. The good news is that it got a good review.

I suspect this is Handmaiden's way of introducing one of their new yarns. Apparently, different yarn companies submitted their yarns for the Knitty Yarn Roundtable, where knitters in Toronto get to sample them. *Sigh* I wish I was closer to Toronto. There is a yarn tasting at Gauge this week, but of course I didn't reply fast enough, and now it's already full.

The patterns look good this time around. The pattern I'm most excited about is the one for modular Posey socks.

Yosemite is a nice little spring top. I don't know if I'll make it, but I do like what the designer said in the intro:

It is not easy being a knitter during the winter when you live in the desert. “Sweater envy” doesn’t begin to cover the torture. The hats, the mittens, the afghans -- can a sister get some snow?


Amen to that.

No comments: