Sunday, August 5, 2007

FO: Womb

On Thursday, my Mom had a "procedure" done (not really surgery.) So to cheer her up, I knit her a womb.

I used some chunky generic acrylic that I picked up at a garage sale a while back, and size 7 dpns. I stuffed it with leftover polyfil-type stuffing. I also got lucky because pipe cleaners were half price at Hobby Lobby.

It went pretty fast. I started Wednesday night and finished Thursday night.

The biggest problem that I had was getting the pipe cleaners in the fallopian tubes. If I could re-do it, I would kniy the i-cord around the pipe cleaners. I only managed to get them halfway up the tubes. I also had trouble with the make 1 (m1) increases. Even twisted, they still made holes.

Mom liked it. She thought it looked a little like Pippi Longstocking or Wendy.

I have one question though: isn't it technically not a womb unless there's a baby inside?

1 comment:

Needles said...

Nah, its a body part, babe or no babe.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope your mom heals qucikly.

Thanks for that link to the needle chart. It will be invaluable for those old knitting patterns that cross my path.

I referred it to Jo at Celtic Knits. She was looking for smaller needles. Might be we can help someone across the seas!